The MAC Scholar Athlete program, started in 1971, is for high school sophomores who are involved in competitive athletics, committed to their academics with a minimum GPA of 3.0, and are making a positive impact in their community. It has been a wonderful partnership with Multnomah Athletic Club and the Foundation since 1989.
We are excited to share the selection process of the 2023 MAC Scholar Athletes. Each year volunteers make a big difference with a small-time commitment. Your willingness to be involved is the first step to making college dreams a reality. You will be selecting the final recipients from the nominated high school sophomores!
The timeframe for volunteering for the 2023 MAC Scholar Athlete Program
- April 22: Student application deadline for all 30 high schools
- April 17, 19, 20: Attend a volunteer training session (60 minutes)
- April 28 – May 16: Using an online system, read and score applications for meeting preparation
- May 17 – 25: Participate an in-person review team deliberation meeting (1.5/2 hours)
If that fits your calendar for the 2023 season, the next steps are…
- Express your interest by registering here for ONE training session per program. This registration is your confirmation that you are participating. There are three various dates/times available.
- Prior to the session, you will be sent a 12-minute video to watch outlining the program’s criteria and our process.
- Then you will join the training session to learn our process, get questions answered and walk through our new online system.
There will be another opportunity to volunteer and meet the 2023 cohort at the annual media day and welcome event June 3 and 4.
Learn more about the program and current cohort members HERE