The annual Spin-A-Thon event is changing gears for 2021. Our goal remains the same: to ride and move so that kids have access to sports and education.
The Ride and The Move are two elements of a week-long event taking place between February 14 – 20. On this page you will find an overview of participation details about The Ride. If you are interested in another way to participate, check out The Move, details can be found here.
On February 10th you will receive an email with your password to access The Ride resources. The password is entered after you click on the red ‘Ride Access’ button.
While you are waiting for the fun to start, here are a few things about The Ride.
The Ride has so many good things to do as you move with a purpose.
- 4 live virtual classes
- 1 in person socially distanced outdoor classes
- 1 week of virtual classes and movement
- Thoughtfully curated resources to inspire you through the week
The Ride has access to 4 live virtual spin classes on Sunday, February 14th. These classes can be taken by anyone, spin bike not required! We encourage you to think outside of the box when it comes to virtual spin classes and use an elliptical machine or treadmill or just go for a run and use the virtual class as your pacing guide focusing on resistance rather than gear increases. Our virtual instructors want to see you participate in whichever way feels right for you.
Class times and amazing instructors are:
- 8am-9am with Kiersten Lake
- 9am-10am with Ace Cauthen*
- 10am-11am with Billy Boynton
- 11am – 12pm with Lisa Bendt*
*Update – there will be one in-person session being held on Saturday February 20th at 10.30am – 11.30am. This experience has been rescheduled due to pending winter weather conditions. The class will be in the MAC Outdoor Fitness Zone and limited to 30 people per session with those previously registered given priority and then on a first come, first serve basis. We will be using MAC sanitized equipment and following all COVID-19 safety protocols.
Cool things also included in your Ride registration are:
- Opportunities throughout the week – yoga classes, stretching techniques, and inspiration to keep you active
- All benefits included in The Move ticket level
- A goodie bag filled with items from our sponsors
- Invitation to our Virtual Closing event on February 20 at 5pm PST