The Fay Sasser MAC Employee Scholarship program is for individuals who are energetic and confident examples of achievement through athletics in our community. This scholarship celebrates the amazing employees of the Multnomah Athletic Club.
Eligible applicants must be enrolled as a part time or full time student and must be employed or their parent/guardian must be employed by the Multnomah Athletic Club for the last two years as of May 1st of the year of application. The $5,000 scholarship is awarded for one academic year and applicants can reapply each year based on continued eligibility. There is no restriction on the field of study and the scholarship can be applied at any 2 or 4 year accredited institution towards tuition, fees, books, or technology. Deadline for application is June 1st.
The scholarship fund was established in 1997. It recognizes Fay Sasser’s 44 years of exceptional and dedicated service to the members of the Multnomah Athletic Club. Fay inspired people in her quiet way. She was a consummate professional who remembered hundreds of faces and names every day.
Criteria and Eligibility
- Enrolled as a part-time or full-time student.
- Employed or the parent/guardian is employed at the Multnomah Athletic Club for the last two years from May 1.
- $5,000 scholarship is awarded for one academic year and applicants can reapply each year based on continued eligibility.
- Use for any field of study.
- Use at any two- or four-year accredited institution.
- Use funding for tuition, fees, books or technology.
- Application deadline June 1.
- Engaged in civic involvement and demonstrates leadership in their school and community activities.
- Have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) 2.5 GPA.
- Demonstrate financial need to attend college or university. We utilize the provided information through FAFSA, ORSAA, and the application to determine eligibility. There is no fixed financial threshold for eligibility.
- Enrolled or plan to enroll for the fall term in 2020 in an accredited post-secondary school in a course of study that leads to a two-year, four- year or graduate degree.
Applicants must be:
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Anticipate completion of high school diploma at the time of application.
- Plan to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution starting in fall 2020.
Applicants may not be:
- Current Multnomah Athletic Club members.
Before You Apply
- Read the information below before you start your application so you can be fully prepared.
- Prepare the answers to the required questions. The application contains seven questions, each with a limit of 1,000 characters, and one essay with a limit of 3,000 characters.
Gather This Information
- A transcript – You will be asked to upload a PDF copy of your transcript.
- A list of recent employment and work experiences.
- After you complete the FAFSA, the office of Federal Student Aid at the U.S. Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report. Alternatively, if you are completing the ORSAA, the State of Oregon Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report. We will need a PDF copy of the report that shows your school of choice and the expected family contribution.
- Two letters of recommendation will be required to submit your application. You may upload a PDF of the letter or ask the individual to upload a letter on your behalf through our website button below.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school, and non-school related clubs and organizations.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation.
- Stage 1 Eligible individuals may apply between March 1 and June 1.
- Stage 2 Finalists will be notified and invited to a personal interview in late June/early July.
- Stage 3 The recipients will be honored at a scholarship celebration event in July.