Youth Grant Initiative Update…
The first cohort – a group of twelve 7th and 8th graders have been working together with special guests to answer these questions:
- What is the role of nonprofit organizations in our community?
- What is the heart or mission of what they do?
- How do they balance the business aspect with their work?
- What does community impact look like?
- What is a philanthropist?
- How do grantmakers prepare, learn and make decisions?
Check back to see how this amazing group review applications and grant $5,000!
Click to HERE read more about the program.
Your generous contributions of funding, passion, time and talent enable those with the greatest need!
With your continued and generous support, together we can…
- Increase the scholarship awards to keep up with the increasing cost of college
- Increase the amount of community grants awarded to fantastic nonprofit partners
- Invest in the capacity building of our organization for greater community outreach
- Provide new opportunities and confidence building programs for youth
With your help, $100,000 in community grants and $100,000 in student athlete scholarships will be invested in the community in 2017.
Latest From The Multnomah Athletic Foundation
Our friends at the State Games of Oregon have a passion for getting people playing and connecting through sports. They are the state’s largest Olympic-style sports festival! By hosting thousands of athletes each year, we [...]
Fernanda Rodriguez is one of the 2017 Loprinzi Scholarship recipients. Fernanda has graduated from David Douglas High School. She plans to attend Oregon State University with her $11,000 scholarship. Athletics means to her: "Little did [...]
Austin Chang is one of the 2017 Loprinzi Scholarship recipients. Austin has graduated from Sunset High School. He plans to attend UCLA with his $10,000 scholarship. Athletics means to him: "Swimming has changed my perspective, [...]
Changing the generational cycle of poverty begins with a commitment to a child. Thank you for sharing our belief in the power of this statement. We are truly grateful for your gift for the Sparking the Athlete Within.
I wanted to take the time to personally thank you for awarding me the Loprinzi scholarship. It truly means the world to me to have those around me support me in my journey to college. Thank you tremendously!
Thank you. The grant from the Multnomah Athletic Foundation will be used to help us serve more girls in the 2015 season. As we grow and provide girls with the tolls to make decision about their health, we look forward to fostering …
We are so grateful for your support for our work to improve outcomes for kids and schools. The joy on kids’ faces at recess and throughout the school day is what keeps us going. We know that play works! We are thrilled to have you as a partner in this critical work.