The annual Spin-A-Thon event is changing gears for 2021. Our goal remains the same: to ride and move so that kids have access to sports and education.
The Ride and The Move are two elements of a week-long event taking place between February 14 – 20. On this page you will find an overview of participation details about The Move. If you are interested in another way to participate, check out The Ride, details can be found here.
On February 10th you will receive an email with your password to access The Move resources. The password is entered after you click on the red ‘Move Access’ button.
While you are waiting for the fun to start, here are a few things about The Move:
The Move has so many good things to do as you move with a purpose.
- Endless opportunities to move and be active
- Participation individually or with teams
- 7 days of friendly challenge
- The chance to designate a $300 grant to a MAF Grant Partner
- Thoughtfully curated resources to inspire you through the week
Join this participation challenge by walking, hiking, swimming, yoga, lifting, running, skiing, surfing, dog walking, cycling, climbing, skating, snowshoeing, basketball, handball, tennis, soccer or whatever fun activity you enjoy.
The Move will run February 14 at 8am to February 20 at 2 pm PST. Your participation progress will be tracked by minutes active each day. Once registered for The Move, you will receive a link on February 10 to register on ChallengeRunner to track your participation.
- Go as a team: Gather your friends, family, co-workers, kids, or even register your pets! We want you to work together in your COVID pod, or virtually across the state or country to participate and be active as a team. As a team you will come up with a Team Name and track your active minutes for the week through our Spin-A-Thon Challenge App. The top team with the highest average participation minutes logged at the end of the week will have an opportunity to designate a $300 grant to one the amazing Grant Partners of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation.
- Conquer it as an individual: You sign up for our Spin-A-Thon Challenge App and track your active minutes for the week. The top individual with the most participation minutes logged at the end of the week will have an opportunity to designate a $300 grant to one the incredible Grant Partners of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation.
Cool things also included in your Move registration are:
- Inspiration on how to get moving from our grant partners and local coaches throughout the event.
- The top individual and the top team with the most participation minutes during the event will win the opportunity to designate a $300 grant of $300 to an existing MAF grant partner of their choosing.
- Invitation to our Virtual Closing event on February 20th at 5pm PST
- A chance to win one of our participation prizes in the following categories:
- Team – Most creative team name
- Team – Largest range of geographic locations represented by team members
- Individual – Most consistent participation throughout week
- Individual – Most unique movement activity (bungee jumping? pogo sticking? baton twirling?)
- Both – Best challenge photo, tag us @multnomahahleticfoundation in your social posts throughout the week
- Both – Widest diversity of activity throughout the week