We look for individuals who are energetic and confident examples of achievement through athletics in our community. The scholarship is awarded for one academic year and applicants can reapply each year based on continued eligibility.
This scholarship celebrates the amazing employees of the Multnomah Athletic Club.
- Enrolled as a part time or full time student;
- Employed or the parent/guardian employed at the Multnomah Athletic Club for the last two years from May 1st;
- Exhibits strong character and leadership involvement in their school and community;
- Minimum cumulative (unweighted) 2.5 GPA;
- Demonstrated financial need or funding gap to attend college or university; and
- Enrolled or plan to enroll for the Fall of 2020 in an accredited post secondary school in a course of study that leads to a two-year, four- year or graduate degree.
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution starting in the Fall of 2020
Applicants may not be:
- Children or dependents of employees or directors of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation
- Current Multnomah Athletic Club members
- Temporary residents
- We encourage you to read these instructions before completing your application, and keep them nearby while filling it out.
- Prepare the answers to the required questions. The application contains 7 questions, each with a limit of 1,000 characters.
- We accept only electronic applications for our scholarship.
Gather This Information
- A transcript – You will be asked to upload a PDF copy of your transcript.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school, and non-school related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (Local, State, Regional or National)
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation
- A list of recent employment and work experiences
- After you submit your FAFSA, the office of Federal Student Aid at the U.S. Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR). We will need a PDF copy of the report that shows your school of choice and the EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
- Two letters of recommendation will be required to submit your application. You may provide them with your application or ask the individual to upload a letter on your behalf through our website.
Stage 1 Eligible individuals may apply for our scholarship until May 1st
Stage 2 Finalists will be notified and invited to a personal interview in late May/early June
Stage 3 Our 2020 recipients will be honored at a scholarship celebration event in August
Questions or concerns – contact us via Email for the quickest response or call 503-517-2350.