The Loprinzi Scholarship
The Loprinzi scholarship typically awards three scholarships to individuals finishing their high school education and entering higher education. These individuals are remarkable, involved and dedicated.
Following in the Spirit of Joe Loprinzi, these individuals seize the day, stay active and work hard while having fun. They are energetic and confident examples of achievement through athletics in our community. The scholarship process includes our 28 program schools – defined as the 5A and 6A Oregon high schools within 12 miles of the Multnomah Athletic Club. Three students shared $27,000 in 2017: Jordan, Austin and Fernanda. Learn more about these amazing individuals HERE!
Loprinzi scholarship awards are given annually to graduating seniors from Portland metropolitan area high schools. A Loprinzi Scholarship recipient has these qualities:
- Demonstrated financial need to attend college or university;
- Participation in competitive athletics;
- Exhibits strong character and leadership involvement in their school and community;
- Minimum cumulative (unweighted) 3.0 GPA; and
- Enrollment full time at an accredited post secondary education provider for the upcoming Fall term.
- General information page available HERE
Nomination and Application Process:
The application period is closed for 2017. All eligible students from the scholarship program schools are welcome to apply. The application deadline is closed until January 2018.
In 2018, all 28 program schools will use the open, online application process.
Each program high school will have one finalists in consideration for the scholarships. Applications are reviewed and interviews are completed by the Scholarship committee of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation. Notification of scholarship awards occurs in May.
If you are writing a recommendation for an applicant, there are two options if you choose a private submission.
- Send a sealed letter to the Multnomah Athletic Foundation at 1849 SW Salmon St, Portland OR 97205
- Attach to an email (either as a Word document or a PDF) to Lisa Bendt, Foundation Executive Director, at Lbendt@MultnomahAthleticFoundation.com
The scholarship fund was established in 2000 to honor Joe Loprinzi.