We look for individuals who are energetic and confident examples of achievement through athletics in our community. This scholarship program includes 29 high schools – defined as the 5A and 6A Oregon high schools within 12 miles of the Multnomah Athletic Club. Eligible schools are listed to the right.
Embracing the spirit of Joe Loprinzi, the ideal candidates will seize the day, stay active with the folks in their communities and work hard while having fun.
- Demonstrated financial need to attend college or university. This not a fixed financial threshold. We apply a calculation consistently to all applicants utilizing the provided information;
- Participation in competitive athletics;
- Strong character and leadership involvement in their school and community;
- Minimum cumulative (unweighted) 3.0 GPA; and
- Enrollment full time at an accredited post secondary education provider for the upcoming Fall term.
- Current high school seniors attending one of the 29 program high schools from the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution starting in the Fall of 2019
Applicants may not be:
- Children or dependents of employees or directors of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation
- Temporary residents
- You will create a log in based on your email address. This will allow you to sign in and out, working on the online application, saving a draft and then submitting when ready.
- We encourage you to read these instructions before completing your application, and keep them nearby while filling it out.
- Prepare the answers to the required questions. The application contains 7 questions, each with a limit of 1,000 characters and 1 essay with a limit of 3,000 characters.
- Want to be doubly sure you have everything? Click HERE for a sample application to see exactly what applying will be like. Note that this is just a sample though, and we won’t accept it as your application.
- We accept only electronic applications for our scholarship.
Gather This Information
- A transcript – You will be asked to upload a PDF copy of your transcript.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated since your freshman year as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school, and non-school related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (local, state, regional or national) since your freshman year.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- A list of athletic accomplishments school and non-school based in which you have been involved as well as any awards, honors and leadership positions you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- After you have completed the FAFSA, the office of Federal Student Aid at the U.S. Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR). We will need a PDF copy of the report that shows your school of choice and the EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
- Two letters of recommendation will be required to submit your application. You may upload a PDF of the letter or ask the individual to upload a letter on your behalf through our website.
Applications will open again on December 1.
Stage 1 High school seniors may apply for our scholarship online between December 1st and March 1st
Stage 2 29 semi-finalists (one from each program high school) will be selected in April
Stage 3 Six finalists will be notified and be invited to a personal interview
Stage 4 Announcement of recipients in May
Stage 5 Our 2019 recipients will be honored at a celebration event during July and work together in a group community service project.
Three amazing individuals were the 2018 Loprinzi scholarship recipients – Clara, Javondre’ and Ellie. Learn more about these student athletes HERE!
Questions or concerns – contact us via Email for the quickest response or call 503-517-2350.