We look for individuals who are energetic and confident examples of achievement through athletics in our community. Lincoln High School provided a formative experience for the Houser brothers – Greg, Peter and Kent. This scholarship is their way to give back and positively influence scholar athletes as they graduate from their alma mater.
This scholarship celebrates Lincoln High School student-athletes. The scholarship awards $10,000 to a college student in Year One of their undergraduate work. The student has the opportunity for additional $10,000 funding in Year Two.
- Current senior student in good standing at Lincoln High School;
- Participation in competitive athletics;
- Exhibits strong character and leadership involvement in their school and community;
- Minimum cumulative (unweighted) 3.0 GPA; and
- Demonstrated financial need or funding gap to attend college or university; and
- Enrollment full time at an accredited post secondary education provider for the upcoming Fall term.
- Current high school seniors attending Lincoln High School in Portland, Oregon
- U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, U.S. Permanent Residents, Refugees or Humanitarian Parolees – based on the guidelines utilized by U.S. Department of Education for Federal Financial Aid eligibility
- Anticipating completion of high school diploma at the time of application
- Planning to pursue a degree at an accredited U.S. post-secondary institution starting in the Fall of 2018
Applicants may not be:
- Children or dependents of employees or directors of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation
- Temporary residents
- You will create a log in based on your email address. This will allow you to sign in and out, working on the online application, saving a draft and then submitting when ready.
- We encourage you to read these instructions before completing your application, and keep them nearby while filling it out.
- Prepare the answers to the required questions. The application contains 7 questions, each with a limit of 1,000 characters and 1 essay question with a limit of 3,000 characters.
- Want to be doubly sure you have everything? Click HERE for a sample application to see exactly what applying will be like. Note that this is just a sample though, and we won’t accept it as your application.
- We accept only electronic applications for our scholarship.
Gather This Information
- A transcript – You will be asked to upload a PDF copy of your transcript.
- A list of school and non-school related clubs and organizations in which you have participated since your freshman year as well as any corresponding leadership positions.
- A list of honors and awards that you received when participating in school, and non-school related clubs and organizations and the level of each award (Local, State, Regional or National) since your freshman year.
- A list of volunteer organizations with which you have served, plus any awards and honors that you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- A list of athletic accomplishments school and non-school based in which you have been involved as well as any awards, honors and leadership positions you have received for your participation since freshman year.
- The office of Federal Student Aid at the U.S. Department of Education will send you a Student Aid Report (SAR). We will need a PDF copy of the report that shows your school of choice and the EFC (Expected Family Contribution).
- The two letters of recommendation will be required to submit your application. You may upload a PDF of the letter or ask the individual to upload a letter on your behalf through our website.
Stage 1 Lincoln high school seniors may apply for our scholarship online between January 1st and March 1st
Stage 2 Finalists will be notified and invited to a personal interview in April.
Stage 4 Announcement and celebration at the 2018 recipient’s high school award celebration in June.
Stage 5 Our 2018 recipients will be honored at a scholarship celebration event in August and work together in a group community service project.
Questions or concerns – contact us via Email for the quickest response or call 503-517-2350.