The Houser Scholarship
The Houser scholarship will award $10,000 to an incoming college student in Year One of their undergraduate work. The student has the opportunity for additional $10,000 funding in Year Two if they maintain eligibility and documentation requirements.
In recognition of the Houser Family, this scholarship celebrates Lincoln High School student-athletes. For Greg Houser and his two older brothers, Peter and Kent, Lincoln High School provided a formative experience. So much so that this scholarship is a way to give back and positively influence scholar athletes as they graduate from their alma mater.
The Houser scholarship award will be given annually to one graduating senior from Lincoln High School in Portland, Oregon. A qualified scholarship recipient has these qualities:
- Current senior student in good standing at Lincoln High School;
- Participation in competitive athletics;
- Exhibits strong character and leadership involvement in their school and community;
- Minimum cumulative (unweighted) 3.0 GPA; and
- Demonstrated financial need or funding gap to attend college or university; and
- Enrollment full time at an accredited post secondary education provider for the upcoming Fall term.
The scholarship’s application process is open to all eligible individuals.
Students are encouraged to apply beginning January 1, 2018 and the application deadline is March 2,2018. Applications are reviewed and interviews are completed by a scholarship selection committee of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation. Notification of scholarship awards occurs in May.
- Application Instructions
- Application link will be available in January 2018
If you are writing a recommendation for an applicant, there are two options if you choose a private submission.
- Send a sealed letter to the Multnomah Athletic Foundation at 1849 SW Salmon St, Portland OR 97205
- Attach to an email (either as a Word document or a PDF) to Lisa Bendt, Foundation Executive Director, at Lbendt@MultnomahAthleticFoundation.com
The scholarship fund was established in 2015 by Pete, Kent and Greg Houser (pictured above). Greg Houser (class of 1966), a past president of the Multnomah Athletic Foundation board, was Student Body President at Lincoln and played football. Peter Houser (class of 1960) was a star in basketball and track. Kent Houser (class of 1962) participated in basketball and track.