Post 58 is the 2018 recipient!
The Multnomah Athletic Foundation’s Impact Award recognizes the positive impact of a nonprofit organization through its support of youth, athletic participation and community collaboration. The annual Impact Award is presented to one of our community grant partners in the Portland metropolitan area.
Who they are:
Post 58 is a group of teenagers from the Portland area who engage in outdoor adventures under the guidance of experienced adults. These activities include rock climbing, backpacking, hiking, mountaineering and many other outdoor adventures. The Post is open to students ages 14-18. Members participate in trips around the Northwest as well as to many other mountain ranges and climbing areas.
Post 58’s mission is to provide an arena for personal growth and social interaction by creating diverse experiences that foster responsibility, respect, and a passion for the outdoors.
Their objectives are:
- To provide opportunities to learn climbing and wilderness skills through outdoor experiences with members of their peer group.
- To provide Post members with an opportunity to learn group living and leadership skills.
- To enhance personal growth and self-awareness.
- To teach respect for the wilderness.
- To provide service to the community and give back to the outdoor world.
Read more about Post 58 here. Find Post 58 online at: https://www.post58.org
Previous Impact Award recipients include Bike First! in 2013, Knott Street Boxing Club in 2014, Girls on the Run Portland Metro in 2015, Rose City Rollers Junior programs in 2016 and Friends of Baseball in 2017.